25 June 2007

Nature Writing Notes

As I walked alone the road tonight, I got thinking
about nature writing, and what makes it so special.
Of course, there are many things to consider, but
what stands out for me is the opportunity it presents
to express nature and the natural landscape in a
way that inspires the reader, or in a way that touches
the heart of a reader.

You know, a lot of nature writing or naturalist writing
gets bogged down with describing nature in scientific
terms. But, nature is also art, and is soul inspiring to
many of us. I'm happy to see more writers approaching
the subject from a literary perspective, and not just
from a scientific perspective.

Oh, by the way, I had a nice walk. The moon was under
heavy cloud cover, but did manage to peek through on
several occasions. When it did, things become much
brighter, which added a nice touch to my walking
experience.

Well, I must go for now. Tomorrow's Monday -- have
a good week, everybody!

Bye now,
Laurie

1 comments:

Pixie said...

Hi Laurie,

One can only hope, if you would have had Moonshine...that you would have shared! :))

Have a great day,
Pixie:)