25 August 2007

Two Nights -- Walking with Moonlight and Romancing the Rain

Hi,

Well, the past two nights have offered me two very
different experiences. Last evening I went walking
while the moon was still above the treeline. It was
quite nice, especially when I reached areas that
were less shaded, allowing the moonlight to cover
the road where I travelled.

Again, as on so many occasions in the past, the
old mines road transported me back in time. Except
for the powerline poles, I might have been walking
in the late 1890s or early in the 1900s. I felt like
Walt Whitman might have felt, as he walked on old
country roads, contemplating his masterpiece,
Leaves of Grass.

Tonight, I made a tea, and sat in the porch romancing
the rain. It was wonderful to relax, to sip my tea, and
to listen at the rain against the roof overhead, and
the surrounding landscape. The rain can be so
relaxing and peaceful, especially when it falls at night.

I must go now and get some sleep. It's past 4 o'clock
in the morning!

Have a good weekend, everybody.

All the best,
Laurie

0 comments: