09 August 2007

Romancing the Elements

Hi Everyone,

We had quite a storm last night on the south shore of
Nova Scotia. There was thunder and lightning, heavy
rain, and high winds. By this morning, things had
subsided except for the strong wind. I would have
liked to visit the ocean early this morning, to witness
the large waves that must have been coming ashore.

I went outside last night, after the rain had stopped, to
feel the wind and the deep darkness that shrouded the
landscape. It was awe inspiring -- I almost went walking
but remembered the many water puddles that were in
the road. So, I retired back inside, and was content to
drink my tea on the porch, while listening to the elements
all about me. In other words, I simply romanced the
elements, and enjoyed my tea. :)

Well, I'm off now. I plan to drive into town this afternoon,
do a few chores, and then visit the Biscuit Eater in Mahone
Bay. The Biscuit Eater is a delightful Cafe' and Book
Shop, where you can eat, enjoy good coffee and have
interesting conversations. It's on Orchard Street, so if
you ever visit Mahone Bay, stop in there for a visit.

All the best!
Laurie

p.s. By the way, I'm not associated with the Biscuit Eater,
so I don't personally benefit from giving them this little
promotional note. It's just that I like telling people about
the place -- besides, it 's a good place to hang out! :)

1 comments:

Pixie said...

Hello Laurie,

You know, if we ever get for that coffee, the Biscuit Eater sounds like a good spot to do just that:)

I really liked the wording of your post, well done.

Keep smiling,
Pixie