22 May 2006

Writing Tip # 3

Hi Everybody,

I just got in from a beautiful late night walk. The
temperature is mild, so I was able to walk in my shirt
sleeves, even at one o'clock in the morning.

During my walk, I was thinking about the importance
of writing in the same location every day. Or, in my
case, one of several locations. Having a special place
to write, represents a comfort zone of sorts, where
the creative energy is free to flow. I've found that
nurturing three or four such locations, multiplies the
effects. I even have two locations where I generally
only visit evenings. Those are restaurants that I
visit for evening coffee or tea writing sessions.

You may want to try the same thing. Write where you've
developed a degree of comfort, and are not faced with
a continuous barage of daily stress. In fact, cultivate
several locations. This is a good way to break a writing
block. If you can't think of anything to write, change
locations. This may be the catalyst to get you going
again!

Well, enough rambling for tonight. Talk to you again,
soon.

Laurie

0 comments: