29 January 2007

My Late Night Walks

Hi,

This has been a remarkably open winter here
on the south shore of Nova Scotia. There's
hardly been any snow, although the past two
weeks have been quite cold.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been a good period
for my nightly walks on the old mines road.
Aside from the cold weather, which has
sent me scurrying back to the warmth of my
house on a couple of occasions:), I have also
had to concern myself with the hugh clouds
of dust formed by vehicles as they travel the
road.

You see, cold weather, coupled with lack of
snow, has created a fine, dusty surface, on
the dirt roads.

The walking is great, but it isn't so nice to
meet vehicles! Last night, for instance, I had
a lovely walk in the frosty air, but had to
quickly run for the bushes when I heard an
approaching vehicle.

That's not the best way to enjoy a peaceful,
moonlight walk! :)

So, anyhow, I'm back! I haven't posted to the
blog for about a week, but, rest assured, you'll
be hearing from me again this week.

All the best, and enjoy the moon as it moves
to fullness on February 2nd.

Laurie
p.s. I just thought I'd let you know that
there's only 69 days until Easter! Happy
Easter!

0 comments: