25 June 2008

Last Week I Created A Fire-Pit

Hi,

Well, I'm pleased to say that I now have a fire-pit on my
property. You see, last week I went to work and mowed
a large circular area of grass, removing the sod and
digging a shallow pit in the centre of the mowed-over
area.

When I finished that task, I jumped in my little Toyota
and headed off in search of rocks. Within a short while
I had returned with enough rocks to build a neat wall
around the fire-pit. Job well done!

I now have an excellent fire-pit, and one that I can use
when I feel like preparing an outdoor meal, or simply
feel like enjoying a camp fire -- also, it'll be great when
I have visitors or give weekend workshops.

Soon, I plan to place rocks along the perimeter of the
mowed-over circle, and place larger rocks at each of
the four compass or primary direction points. I may even
paint a circle on each rock with the colour that correlates
or corresponds with each primary direction.

All the best to you and yours!
Laurie

0 comments: